What are the reasons for rejecting Google My Business post?
If you are reading this, you must be going through the frustration of getting your Google My Business posts rejected. This is one of the most common problems that business owners who use Google My Business face. In order to overcome this frustration, you should have a clear understanding about the guidelines that you should follow when uploading a Google My Business post. Then you will be able to reduce the chances of getting it rejected.
Here is a list of some common guidelines that you can follow when you are moving forward with Google My Business posts.
- You need to make sure that you are limiting the word count of your post to 80 words and 100 words. It is true that you are provided with the ability to write up to 300 different words. However, you should never go until that. That’s because all the characters will not be visible. Therefore, it is better to stick to the character limit from 80 words to 100 words at all times.
- You must ensure that you are following the SEO best practices when uploading your Google My Business posts. For example, you need to make sure that you are including the keywords in the most prominent places of your text. In general, you should avoid over-stuffing keywords in the Google My Business post. That’s one of the reasons on why Google My Business posts are rejected.
- You should pick the right image size at the time of uploading Google My Business as well. You need to make sure that the image you upload is with size 750 x 750. In addition to that, you need to make sure that the picture is properly cropped. You should never upload an image with the size of 250 x 250. If you do that, your post will be rejected because the image is too small.
- Some of the people tend to upload images where there is text. You should keep in mind that such text can get cut off as well. Therefore, you should always stick to images where you don’t have any text overlays.
- You need to think about using your GMB posts as an excellent opportunity that you are getting in order to talk to the customers directly. Therefore, you should use real world language in a conversational tone. If you make it too complicated, there is a possibility for the Google My Business post to get rejected.
- You need to make sure that you are using an appropriate landing page as well.
Keep these facts in your mind and start using Google My Business for your business now! You will love what comes along with it.