15 Surprising Stats on Sales Prospecting That Will Change the Way You Look at Cold Calling
Cold calling isn’t as cold as it once seemed to be. Sales reps currently approach Search engines and social media to examine their possibilities before they reach out to the prospect. There’s no reason for a rep to go into a discussion unaware of what their opportunity thinks about and what’s going on at the contact’s organization.
Be that as it may, because cold pitching has gotten warmer doesn’t mean it’s become additional information-driven. Agents, by and large, don’t counsel information to decide the best time to call their possibilities, and they frequently quit any pretence of attempting to contact a lead after a solitary endeavour. How soon they reach a point in the wake of accepting an inbound request has less to do with the period in which they have the most obvious opportunity to make a deal and more with how bustling they are right now.
Do you think a lead generated inbound can wait for more than an hour or two for a response? Salespeople who try and reach out within five minutes are 100 times more likely to qualify the prospect. Doubtful that seeking an introduction to an opportunity from a shared connection is worth the time? 84% of B2B decision-makers kick off their buying processes with referrals.
Incorporating the steps listed below into your outbound outreach helps to reach to your prospects –
- If you share a familiar acquaintance with a prospect, seek a referral instead of or before cold calling/emailing.
- Focus on responding to all inbound leads within five minutes, Shorter TAT better prospects of closure.
- Curate content and engage with your buyers on social media to increase your chances of being the first sales rep invited to present a proposal.
Let us know what you think about the following statistics. Share your thoughts on the comment section.
CHALLENGE – GETTING IN TOUCH WITH THE BUYERS
- The average sales development rep makes 52 calls daily.
- Call back rates are <1%.
- It takes 18 dials to connect to a single buyer.
- Less than 24% of the emails are opened.
MISSED OPPORTUNITY – RESPONDING QUICKLY TO WEB GENERATED LEADS
- Leads responded to within 5 minutes are 100X more likely to be qualified.
- Waiting just 10 minutes drops the likelihood of qualifying the lead 4X
- Less than 25% of companies who receive a web lead will respond by phone.
- Only 27% of web-generated leads get contacted at all.
THE UNFAIR ADVANTAGE – BEING FIRST TO REACH A BUYER
- Your sales team has a 56% greater chance to attain quota if you engage buyers before they contact a seller.
- The first viable vendor to reach a decision-maker and set the buying vision has an average 74% close ratio.
- 50% of buyers choose the vendor that responds first
THE INSIDE TRACK – INTROS AND REFERRALS
- 5X – How much more likely B2B buyers are to engage when introduced
- 73% of executives prefer to work with a sales representative referred by someone they know.
- 84% of B2B decision-makers start the buying process with a referral.
- You are 4.2X more likely to get an appointment if you have a personal connection with the buyer.
Click here to know the reasons why you need lead enrichment.